Welcome! On a clear day you can see the whole Minkiverse from here! This is the system map and guide to Simon Phipps' web sites and other online presence. Who?
- Standards & Policy director at the Open Source Initiative, and former President
- Former Chief Open Source Officer at Sun Microsystems (first OSPO)
- Former co-founder, IBM Java Technology Centre
Subscribe to any of these with any ActivityPub-compatible software such as Mastodon, Pleroma, PixelFed etc.
- Microblogging on Meshed Cloud (think Twitter but without the non-linear leadership)
- Hosted on Mastodon
- User name @firstname.lastname@example.org
- Draft long-form blogging on The Webmink that often graduates to other sites
- Hosted on WriteFreely
- User name @email@example.com
(Don't send messages to this address)
- My blog posts at OSI can be followed
- Hosted with the Wordpress Activitypub Plugin
- User name @firstname.lastname@example.org
- I am trying a link aggregator (think HN)
- Hosted on Lemmy
- User name @email@example.com
If you appreciated something I posted, or want to support the turtle carrying this heavy load, you can:
- Buy me a coffee
- Use my self-hosted tip jar
- Send me a surprise gift
- Join my Patreon team
- Join my Kiva Team
- Tech blogging on the consulting website
- Simon's personal site (somewhat abandoned)
- We used to maintain a travel blog until 2012
- Mirror of Simon's old Sun Microsystems site (Oracle deleted the original)
- Appearances on FLOSS Weekly.
- My account is still there on identi.ca
- I am still supporting Flickr and posting photos there but never really got into Instagram.
- If you want to see the kind of music I like, follow me on Bandcamp.
- If you have an account, you can also access our private tools.
- If you want to see the Open Document Format standard continue to evolve, consider a donation to COSM.
- If you're interested in OggCamp, that's also under the Public Software CIC umbrella.
- On Matrix I am @webmink:matrix.org
- If you know my UK mobile number you can message me on Signal or Telegram
- I have a load of legacy accounts! UUCP and Compuserve no longer work but most others sort-of do.
- I avoid Microsoft and Meta's products as far as I can while remaining normal. Please don't contact me on Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, Skype or LinkedIn even if you can find my legacy accounts.
- If all else fails, there is a contact form you can use to get in touch.